His Promises Stand Unshakable

Tuesday, July 23, 2013


I just came back from a blessed dinner given by friends to celebrate my belated birthday. As we had fellowship over dinner, one of them asked "What is the one main thing you've learnt in your spiritual walk this year?". As I chewed my dinner I thought about it. 

If there's one main thing I've learnt this year, it would be to rely on Him and him alone.

"Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God". 

Little by little, God has been breaking my threshold in learning to be dependent on him for daily and basic necessities. I've been encouraged by many who have and are walking similar path as I am, people who are sold-out for Him and are dependent on Him on a day to day basis. But truth be told, I still get cold feet when I see how empty I am, how limited I am in every aspect. It has been a humbling season for me. I know I'm running back back to the very basic of my Christian faith, to that place of total surrender, to that posture of telling God "Here I am, send me!". 

On my own, I will not be able to go on. I must learn to remain in His steadfast love which cease not. His promises stand unshakable. I need only to learn to lay back and rest in it. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP