Reunion

Monday, January 7, 2013

As we grow older, sincere and lasting friendships become more and more of a gem. Keeping the friendship fresh, real and lasting is never easy as we grow older and as we walk into different paths in life. Inevitably, the hustle and bustle of life gets in the way of relationships. Fortunately for me, I do have friends of such treasured gem. I see it as a privilege and a gift to have such people in my life. Last Christmas I made it a point to head home to catch up with family and friends, people who are dear to me. 

The first bunch is quite a unique bunch. I literally grew up with them from the days of wearing diapers up to this very point in time. The Batch of 85' (as in year 1985), that's what we call ourselves. We got to know each other through Sunday school as young as 3-4 years of age and look at us now, all grown up. Haha. I'm very very thankful for this group of people. These are people whom I know will go the long haul in our friendship, people who would keep me in check and accountable, people who would support me in what I do, people who I can be real to. To the 85's, we rock. Hahaha.

The 85's. 

The Lovely Brothers' unite!
I grew to love singing and music with this bunch. 
We even formed our very own "boyband". Haha.

University played a vital part in my life and so were the people I met there. The people I met at PKA (Persaudaraan Kristian Agape/Christian Fellowship) are very dear to me too. I'm glad that every year, this bunch actually makes the effort to organize a reunion, what we called Graduate Seniors Reunion, whereby we get away from our usual daily routine and meet over a day or two just to unwind together and to share lives!

We had a mini-Christmas reunion makan 
at one of our friend's (who already gotten married!) house! 
Twas' awesome!

We don't often get to meet up but when we do,
we cherish every moment of it.

Well, it's 2013. Let's pray that we would all continue to meet people that will impact us as much and likewise, we would in turn impact them as much. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP