Getting Past the Past

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Many times what holds us back from a greater tomorrow are the past hurts of yesterdays. 


It's never easy surrendering what we've experienced in the past wholly to Him who has a great plan  and future for us. We function and somewhat respond based on what we've gone through in the past. What hurts us, we avoid. What brings joy, we lean towards it. Yet in this season, it seems like God is beginning to dismantle bits and pieces of my past and slowly allowing me to walk without unnecessary weight bogging me down. I know change will not take place overnight. Change is a process. 

Lord, I surrender my past, my present and my future into Your gracious hand. Lift me out of my past, teach me to live in your presence and leap me into the future that You've laid out for me. Amen.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP